Version 3.0.0 compared to version 2.3.0 includes too many changes and improvements to list. OpenVSP v3 is a near total re-write that has been three years in the works. Many thanks to the entire core OpenVSP team. This is what you’ve all been waiting for!
Since 2.9.7, version 3.0.0 has a handful of small fixes and features, and one major new feature that has long been in development.
- Fit Model tool to perform least squares fit of VSP model to points
- Point Cloud Geoms to support Fit Model
- Import of point clouds as well as conversion from MeshGeom
- Improved Undo, where slider actions are not recorded
- SubSurface support in API
- Improvements to advanced parameter linking.