OpenVSP Version 3.0.4
OpenVSP 3.0.4 is mostly a bug fix release. This should fix a bunch of issues with DegenGeom in preparation for things to come. Also fixed are a bunch of problems with 6-series and file airfoil types. Anyone using v3 should certainly update.
Bug fixes in this release include:
- Six series leading edge creep
- Crash for very thin six series airfoils
- Fix problem copy/pasting file airfoils
- Update overall wing aspect ratio display
- Don’t deselect Geom when executing DegenGeom
- Fix sign assumption in z camber of DegenGeom for reflex or inverted foil
- Make export file names match primary file name
- Save Vehicle level parameters including file save options
- Fix wing updating when total parameters changed
- Enable extracting point cloud from slices
… Read more
OpenVSP Version 3.0.3
OpenVSP 3.0.3 includes a handful of bug fixes and small improvements to the 3.0 series. Versions 3.0.1 and 3.0.2 included quick fixes for urgent last minute bugs — but they did not include a complete release note.
API Users Note:
The calling arguments in four functions were changed: CutXSec, CopyXSec, PasteXSec, and InsertXSec. See Wiki for details.
Improvements since 3.0.0 include:
- Extend API to allow changing Wing Driver Groups
- Add VSPExit to API to return exit value to host batch environment
- Add DegenGeom to API / Scripting
- API now references Cut/Copy/Past/Insert XSec to Geom not XSecSurf
Bug fixes since 3.0.0 include:
- Fix crash caused by dynamic Parm GUIs and undo-friendly sliders (3.0.1)
- Fix crash when mixing 4-digit airf
… Read more
Version 3.0.0 compared to version 2.3.0 includes too many changes and improvements to list. OpenVSP v3 is a near total re-write that has been three years in the works. Many thanks to the entire core OpenVSP team. This is what you’ve all been waiting for!
Since 2.9.7, version 3.0.0 has a handful of small fixes and features, and one major new feature that has long been in development.
- Fit Model tool to perform least squares fit of VSP model to points
- Point Cloud Geoms to support Fit Model
- Import of point clouds as well as conversion from MeshGeom
- Improved Undo, where slider actions are not recorded
- SubSurface support in API
- Improvements to advanced parameter linking.
… Read more