OpenVSP has joined Twitter to provide followers with updates, links to blog posts, tutorials, and all things OpenVSP. Follow us @OpenVSP.… Read more
This version includes more small fixes and feature refinements as we inch closer to version 3.0.
- Symmetry about ancestor’s coordinate system
- Default Source support for CFDMesh
- Rearrange Geom Browser tab to show larger geom trees
- Added Delete, Set Show/NoShow/ShowOnly, and surface None buttons
- Expand custom geom #include statements and save with geom
- Added GetCustomXSecLoc/Rot and GDEV_SCROLL_TAB
Bug fixes include:
- Numerous surface parameter [0,1] bugs that could cause crashes.
- Consistent triangle orientation for NASCART import/export
- Fix skinning bugs & tweak GUI
- Fix wing scaling
This version includes a large number of changes both features and fixes. Some of these fixes took longer than expected — and one of the features is pretty big, so this release took much longer than anticipated. Look for subsequent releases to be smaller and more frequent as the bugs are chased out.
Warning: One bug fix required an incompatible change in how skinning is calculated. If you have used a Fuselage or Stack component with skinning, you will need to adjust your tangent strengths — the geometry will be wrong when you open it. I am very sorry for this inconvenience.
Note: The file extension for custom components has been changed from .as to .vsppart. Similarly, the file extension for scripting has been changed from .as to .vspscr… Read more