Version 2.2.4 contains a collection of bug fixes that improve the CFD mesher. Various users have run into these problems, so if you use CFDMesh, you should certainly upgrade.
Bug fixes in this release:
- Guarantee attachment of wakes to constructing edge
- Relax tolerance to better match wakes down body splits
- Rewrite curve tessellation integration for quality in extreme cases
- Introduce curve split sources for mesh quality near intersections
- Size curve distance table to match underlying topology
The wake changes should help guarantee mesh topology when wakes are turned on. There were certain cases that could arise where a wake would not properly attach to the generating trailing edge, or the edge of a body that aligned with the wake. Both of these situations should be … Read more