CST for everyone!
OpenVSP 3.4.0 comes with native support for Brenda Kulfan’s CST Airfoil representation. This is an oft-requested and long awaited feature by those doing aero optimization.
CST support is limited to the airfoil class (N1=0.5, N2=1.0) and is only available for Wing-type components for now.
CST airfoils can be promoted exactly or demoted to the closest possible approximation of reduced order. Existing VSP airfoils can be converted to CST using a least squares fit of a specified order.
Airfoils may now be modified via scale, shift, and rotate. These mods are used by the CST fitting to allow the CST curve to be defined on x=[0,1] with start/end at y=0.
These modifications will also allow some interesting alternative uses. With great power comes great responsibility. Do not use these mods to achieve wing shapes possible through ‘normal’ parameters — you will come to regret it.
- CST Airfoil class support
- Airfoil scale, shift, rotate modifications
- Promote/demote CST airfoils
- Best least squares CST conversion of existing airfoil types
- Extend API to support CST airfoils
- Write 1/0 Type parameter for *.hrm files
- Modify SuperBuild to auto-build *.zip package every time