OpenVSP can read and write files representing many kinds of information. Some of those representations can be stored in multiple file formats. Some kinds of I/O can only be done through the GUI, but many of the files may be written from the command line.
Although this flexibility makes OpenVSP very powerful, it can be rather confusing for new users. These pages should serve to guide the new user through the kinds of information VSP can read and write.
Information representation (format(s))
- Parametric geometry (vsp)
- Screen capture (jpg)
- Automation script (txt)
- Drag buildup report (tsv)
- Area ruling report (txt)
- Mass properties report (txt)
- Wireframe (hrm)
- X3D 3D Web model (x3d)
- Felisa (fel)
- Tagged, multi body structural mesh (stl). The tags communicate to downstream processing tools that these shapes are. You could use this, for instance, to send data about certain critical regions of an airfoil to an external CFD mesher, so that it could put extra mesh points in that area of the airfoil.
- Vorlax case file (cas)
- Vorlax geometry & input (inp)